Hello and thanks for popping by! My current blog can be read here

Saturday 26 April 2014

Spring Owls

Today you are going to have two blog posts for the prize of one! Lucky you :))

Reason being that I never published the first one! Can't quite worked out how come... must have lost the plot momentarily, since I'm sure I did publish it! I was probably just happily reviewing the post and never actually pressed publish button... Oh well, never mind.

The good news is that I am still making owls so everything ties on nicely :) So here comes Thursday's making! (I think it was Thursday...)

As the weather was picking up today (Thursday), I just couldn't help, but making a few more Spring owls!
This time they are a little smaller in size than yesterday, only about 6cm tall, but they are so much fun to make too.
I continued with the yellow colour and then tried a couple in Liberty fabrics too. Perhaps they are a bit busy with the colourful stitching...
And they have a little loop so they could be a nice little bag charm or chunky key ring. Just like I used to make them some time ago :) xxx






And then yesterday (Friday) I carried on with the owls and made these, blue to contrast with the yellow :)


As I was making these owls I remembered I made some keyring experiments about year and half ago that were based on these same owls, just a very flat version of them. So I dug out the patterns and voila! This was the result! And now I can't wait to make more,  with different colour combinations.





So in the end of the evening I had this strange little group together with all sorts of owl experiments. Now I just need to decide what to do with them. Some will definately be made into making pattern or a kit, and perhaps nice little boxes for them would be nice too... And perhaps I should put some of them on Etsy as that was part of the original Making Challenge.... xxx



No comments: