Hello and thanks for popping by! My current blog can be read here

Thursday 24 April 2014

Felt Owl Trials

Ok, I'm a little bit confused as what day of the Making Challenge it is today? Day 7, I think...

It looks like today is going to be another rainy and cold day and the weekend's warm sunshine is just a memory. On Monday we took our little terrier to Crickley Hill Country Park which is this lovely little, but tall hill just below Gloucester and Cheltenham and the views are just fantastic.


Plus you can apparently find dinosaur fossils from there too! Not that we tried although Pixie did a fair bit of digging of her own. She found a mouse hole and while we enjoyed our lunch of leftover lamb roast sandwich she was well on her way to decimate the entire ancient hill. (We patched up beautifully the hole she created and the mice lived another day!)
 

On our way back we stopped for a lovely pint of cold cider and sat by a river and just relaxed. What a bliss that was! Pixie on the other hand seemed to have been on the hunt of more mice or water rats, who knows, but she was visibly licking her lips so it must have been something good!


So there we are, a little introduction to the life of our terrier and now we can get back to the Making Challenge.

On Tuesday I was completing orders and yesterday I was trialling felt owls that I am hoping to start teaching how to make. So hopefully there will be some owl making workshops here in the Brewery Arts in the autumn if not earlier!
I haven't listed the owls for sale, but I think that is ok, since they are trials for workshops and workshops themselves are something that I've been planning to do for so long, so in that sense they fit into the Making Challenge :) I am also planning to make a proper pattern with instructions so that will certainly go on sale when it is all done. And maybe a little owl making kit too...

For now I just took what seemed like hundreds of photos and here is a tiny selection of them. xxx

The first trial was a pink hanging owl.


I experimented with pearls in the eyes, but decided to remove them. In the workshop you can decide or even use buttons :)


Then I made yellow "standing" owl. The idea with these owls was that they can be do all by hand stitching and it was working better than I thought. It would also give a lovely choice to use different colour threads to make it different!



 

Once I got going I made yet another one, this time hanging owl as well, but not such a flat version as the first pink one :)







No comments: